When to Hire a Public AdjusterLicensed and Bonded Los Angeles Property Damage Claims Adjuster
When to Hire a Public Adjuster
It is important to know what type of situation is a good situation to get a public adjuster involved. Many people hire them when they aren’t needed and most people don’t hire them when they are needed. That is why it is a good idea to educate yourself about Los Angeles public adjusters.
A public adjuster is an insurance claims specialist who interprets the homeowner’s policy, assesses the damage and how much it will cost to repair, and negotiates with the insurance company on behalf of the homeowner until the claim is resolved. Adjusters are there for the homeowner, not the insurance company. They want to homeowner to get the most money possible, and this differs from the adjusters hired by the insurance companies because their compensation comes out of the homeowner’s pocket, not the insurance company’s.
One of the best things a public adjuster can do for you is get you a larger amount in your insurance settlement. Filing an insurance claim after a disaster can be a long and stressful process. Public adjusters take the burden off of your shoulders and are able to do the dirty work for you, filing work and all necessary documents to the insurance company so you don’t have to.
When should you fire a public insurance adjuster?
- Some people turn to a public adjuster because they simply do not have the time or knowledge to deal with the insurance claims process. If you think you may not be getting the settlement you are entitled to, turn to a public insurance adjuster for help.
- If you have a loss of over $50,000, it is wise to hire a public adjuster.
- If for some reason, your claim gets stalled and you are waiting around for compensation, then it is advised that you hire a public insurance adjuster to analyze things.
- If you think the insurance claims adjuster overlooked damages in your claim, you should probably get your own public adjuster.
- If you have a roofer or general contractor who says they will negotiate a settlement with the insurance company, you should know that public adjusters are the only type of insurance adjusters that are licensed to negotiate and settle insurance claims on behalf of the insured property owner. Many insurance companies know that roofers or contractors are not authorized to settle insurance claims as public adjuster are.
Call Adjuster Pro today! We want to help you get the best settlement possible on your claim.